Lower Moreland High School
Non-Discussion Points w/ Coaches
Issues Not Appropriate To Discuss With Coaches
- Playing time of any student-athlete, whether its your child or not.
- Team strategy, practices, organization, techniques, or play selection.
- Other student-athletes.
There are situations that may require a conference between the coach and the parent, and this is encouraged. It is important that both parties involved have a clear understanding of the other's position. When these conferences are necessary, the following procedures should be followed to help promote a resolution to the issues or concern.
Procedure to Follow if there is a Concern to Discuss with a Coach
- Please encourage your child to speak directly with the coach. Often, concerns can be resolved at this level.
- If your child would like you to contact the coach, contact the coach to set up an appointment.
- If the coach cannot be reached, contact the high school Athletic Director. He/she will assist you in arranging a meeting.
- Please do not attempt to confront a coach before or after a contest or practice. These can be emotional times for both the parent and the coach. Meetings of this nature do not promote resolution of concerns.
If the meeting with the coach did not provide a satisfactory resolution, call to schedule an appointment with the Athletic Director to discuss the situation.