Lower Moreland High School
Expectations for Coaches
Expectations & Protocol for Coaches
Expectations and Protocol for Coaches
- Promote the health and safety of all student-athletes at all times. Create a safe environment.
- Be a model of appropriate sportsmanship, behavior, & language.
- Respect and dignify each student-athlete as an individual.
- Establish time demands that acknowledge the primary importance of each student-athlete's academic and family responsibilities. Communicate these demands in a timely manner.
- Promote among athletes and coaches a solid sense of team membership.
- Assist, whenever appropriate and mutually convenient, with the post-high school planning for individual student-athletes as it relates to athletics.
- Be available to parents at times that are mutually convenient and in alignment with the athletic department's parent/coach communication guidelines.
- Work with school personnel, when appropriate, to advocate for the best interest of the student-athletes.
- Encourage student-athletes to experience high school in a well-rounded manner. Foster their interests to pursue other options in addition to your specific sport. Speaking in a derogatory fashion about other sports or activities is unprofessional and unacceptable.
- Understand the prioritization that all in-season sports take full precedence over any voluntary workouts for sports that are out-of-season.
- Adhere to all PIAA and Lower Moreland Township School District and athletic department policies at all times.