Announcements and Important Events
September 16, 2020
Dear Lower Moreland Students, Staff, Families and Community,
As we move closer to the official start of the fall athletic season, we have created plans to meet the most recent orders, mandates, and guidelines provided by both Montgomery County and the State. In order to hold these events in a safe and orderly manner, we are going to need the cooperation of parents, families, and the general public. Without this cooperation, we risk the possible cancellation of events, and/or sanctioning of teams or the school district and its personnel. We thank you in advance for your willingness to work together with us to provide safe venues for our student-athletes to participate in their seasons.
In an effort to develop consistent procedures for athletic venues across school districts in Bucks and Montgomery Counties that are in compliance with the PIAA rules that govern competition and the Governor’s most recent guidelines; the following guidelines will be put into place with regard to what parents/spectators may experience during their student-athletes contest during the 2020 fall sports season:
-The Suburban One League agreed that each school district will make its own decision regarding allowing home spectators only. Visiting spectators will not be permitted to attend games. Lower Moreland Township School District and the Suburban One League remains committed to the health, safety, and welfare of all our student-athletes, coaches, and spectators. We ask that you honor and respect the decision of the league and the individual schools. Remember our goal remains to allow our kids to have an opportunity to play games.
-In order to enter the premises, you must present a ticket to district personnel. Each student athlete will be given two complimentary tickets, which can be used at HOME EVENTS ONLY. This will help ensure that we are able to stay under the 250 person limit at our various facilities.
Following are the parameters for events held at Lower Moreland Township School District facilities:
- There is a 25-person limit to all indoor events. This primarily would affect cheerleading in the fall season for practice. Unfortunately, due to the number of participants and coaches; we ask that parents remain in their vehicles at all times, unless they are asked to come in the building. Please drop off and pick up the student athletes within the given time frame to limit the number of people present on the campus at one time.
- Outdoor events are limited to 250 people. Football, by the very nature of the number of participants (players, coaches, referees, cheerleaders, and game officials) will require limitations on spectators. In order to ensure that the home team families can watch their child participate, VISITING SPECTATORS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED. The athletic directors of both teams will ensure that collectively the number of participants, coaches, referees, game officials, and spectators does not exceed the 250-person limit. This applies to events held within and outside of the gated fields/stadium.
- Everyone attending the sporting event, including coaches, officials, athletes on the sidelines, staff, and spectators (age 2 and older) must wear face coverings (masks or face shields w/ a mask underneath) upon entering and exiting athletic venues and during the events. However, attendance at any event is subject to appropriate behavior and adherence to our health and safety plans. Anyone who refuses to adhere to our guidelines will be asked to leave. Our priority remains to allow our athletes to play games. We need cooperation for everyone in this matter to allow us to achieve this goal.
- Lower Moreland is looking into the possibility of live streaming events. This will allow those who cannot attend the games to still have an opportunity to watch the game(s). Other members of the SOL are also looking into this similar option. Should they become available, when we are at other schools, that information will be provided to parents via Remind & email.
- Concession stands will NOT be open.
- There will be NO charge to enter the events.
- Further guidance on logistics will be provided by the athletic department. You may contact my office with questions at 215-938-0220 ext. 2169.
We understand school districts may have other rules in place. Please be sure you understand the rules at other school district’s events.
These procedures are subject to change as updated guidance from Local and State Departments becomes available.
Thank you for your continued support. Go Lions!
Mr. Matthew Heiland
Lower Moreland Township School District